Our 3rd center named Boeung Kok Youth School opened in October 2009 and was a grassroots effort to provide education and community organizing in Boeung Kok’s Village 14.
English classes and other programs are going strong. Almost all of the students from the old location still attend, and we’ve gained a few too!
Our programs include:
- English classes (6 hours/day, M-F)
- A computer lab where students learn Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Email, etc
- Medical clinic run by medical doctors finishing their residencies
- Dentist trips for kids (under 18) for cleanings, fillings, extractions, etc
- Sports programs, including a soccer team (kids under 14) and a cycling team