Our 3rd center named Boeung Kok Youth School opened in October 2009 and is a grassroots effort to provide education and community organizing in Boeung Kok’s Village 14. We recently moved to a new facility about 1km north along the tracks.
English classes and other programs are now going strong. Almost all of the students from the old location still attend, and we’ve gained a few too!
Our programs include:
- English classes for 143 students (6 hours/day, M-F)
- A computer lab where students learn Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Email, etc
- Medical clinic run by medical doctors finishing their residencies on Saturdays
- Weekly dentist trips for kids (under 18) for cleanings, fillings, extractions, etc
- Sports programs, including a soccer team (kids under 14) and a cycling team
- Community Organizing training on Sundays